August 24, 2011
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
- Statement from Apple’s Board of Directors on the death of Steve Jobs (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Apple’s Board of Directors on Steve Jobs (mashable.com)
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, has passed away at 56 (engadget.com)
- Steve Jobs: 1955-2011 (chron.com)
- Steve Jobs (paul.kedrosky.com)
- Statement by Apple’s Board of Directors (businesswire.com)
- Steve Jobs has Died (jansimson.wordpress.com)
- Steve Jobs Is Dead (suburbanmen.com)
- Apple’s Board of Directors: ‘Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations …’ (techcrunch.com)
- This Was Your Life, Steve Jobs (techland.time.com)