Burbank, CA (June 11, 2012) – Walt Disney Studios announced today that they are launching a touring exhibition featuring the art of Tim Burton’s “Frankenweenie,” the acclaimed director’s stop-motion, animated feature film releasing on October 5, 2012.
The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition will premiere in Barcelona, Spain, at CineEurope, June 18-21, and in the U.S. at Comic-Con 2012 in San Diego, California, July 11-15. When the tour is complete it will have visited seven countries, including Spain, France, England, Japan, Mexico, Canada and the U.S.A.
The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition captures the magic of the filmmaking process and gives audiences an exclusive glimpse into the stop-motion animation process brought to life by visionary filmmaker Tim Burton. From original sketches drawn by Burton, to extensive props, sets and puppets, the exhibition showcases the artistic detail and vision that has gone into bringing this heartwarming tale to the big screen in 2012’s most highly anticipated animated movie. The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition delves into the world of a boy who, inspired by science and the love of his dog, brings his beloved pet back from the dead.
For a sneak peak at the exhibit, go to:
ABOUT THE MOVIE
From creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.
A stop-motion animated film, “Frankenweenie” was filmed in black and white and rendered in 3D. The talented voice cast includes: Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder.
Presented by Disney, “Frankenweenie” is directed by Tim Burton, produced by Tim Burton and Allison Abbate, and executive produced by Don Hahn, from a screenplay by John August, based on an original idea by Tim Burton. “Frankenweenie” releases in U.S. theaters on October 5, 2012.
- FRANKENWEENIE: In theaters October 5, 2012 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Production Designer Rick Heinrichs Talks FRANKENWEENIE and His Longtime Partnership with Tim Burton (collider.com)
- Movie: Disney and Tim Burton’s FRANKENWEENIE Poster Released (miscfinds4u.com)
- Tim Burton’s ‘Frankenweenie’ stitches together B-movie horror poster (insidemovies.ew.com)
- FRANKENWEENIE Gets a Cute New Poster (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Frankenweenie’: Tim Burton talks about his upcoming pet project (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Tim Burton Talks FRANKENWEENIE, BEETLEJUICE 2, BIG EYES and a PINOCCHIO Film with Robert Downey Jr. (collider.com)
- Tim Burton Discusses Next Project, ‘Frankenweenie’ (inquisitr.com)
- New International Frankenweenie One-Sheet Barks at the Moon (dreadcentral.com)
- Frankenweenie: Tim Burton Talks About His Upcoming Pet Project (firewireblog.com)