Telemundo Deportes’ Digital Presentation Surpasses All Previous Spanish-Language World Cup Records with 74.4 Million Total Livestreams
Telemundo Continues To Dominate Among Adults 18-49 in Largest Hispanic Markets
Telemundo Deportes’ exclusive Spanish-language presentation of 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ continues to captivate the Hispanic audience as the network’s World Cup broadcast reached 25.7 million viewers in the first 10 days of the tournament’s Group Stage (29 matches through Saturday), according to fast cumulative data provided by Nielsen.
The network’s increasing national visibility has been mirrored by dominance in local markets. Through Sunday (32 game windows), World Cup matches on Telemundo have ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 in Spanish-language 92% of the time in the Top 14 Hispanic markets with Local People Meters (410 of 448 windows in those markets).
Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation also continued its record setting pace. After surpassing 1 BILLION live minutes on Saturday, the platform yesterday hit 74.4 million total livestreams for the tournament – setting a Spanish-language livestream record for an entire World Cup. Telemundo Deportes, only 11 days into the tournament, exceeded the prior mark by more than one million livestreams (73 million in 2014).
Additional World Cup viewership highlights to date:
- Telemundo has broadcast two of the nine most-watched Spanish-language matches in World Cup history (396 matches, including World Cup finals, since 1994);
- Telemundo posted nine consecutive days of daytime record-breaking viewership (Friday 6/15-Saturday 6/23);
- The June 17 Mexico-Germany game is the most-watched World Cup match on any network this year (based on latest available data) and is the most-watched World Cup Group Stage game ever on Spanish-language TV (since 1994);
- Telemundo Deportes’ peak concurrent livestreams (665,000) for the June 23 Mexico-South Korea is the largest non-Super Bowl total in NBC Sports Digital history.
- Mexico-South Korea match is the most-watched livestream event in Spanish-language history.
- Tournament to date, Telemundo Deportes has added over 100,000 social fans. In the last 7 days, fans have generated over 4,000 comments and 6,000 shares per day.