Contractor: City of Miami Communications Department
Multi Media Specialist. Miami FL
Public Affairs (Contractor) August 2015 – November 2015
Enhance telecommunications service delivery to the City’s residents, businesses, employees, and visitors. Help manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, and Pinterest accounts.
– Assist with Social Media strategy, planning and management.
– Execution and management of contests and promotions on social media platforms.
– Researching social media trends and tools.
August, 2006 to September 2010
Responsibilities: Managing Editor. Determine the program content within the station guidelines.
Keep up to date with the music industry and current affairs.
Interview and book guest for the program.
General Producer “25 Mitos y 25 Realidades” (25 Myths / 25 Truths) an HIV/AIDS Public Service Awareness Campaign.
July 2006-August 15, 2006
• The Main goal of this Campaign is to increase AIDS awareness, promote HIV prevention and reduce the myths, stigma and fear surrounding the disease through the power of celebrity support. This Spanish-language campaign includes public service announcement (PSA’s) for television, radio, print and outdoor media, and will have to phases; statewide and national distribution.
General Producer, Ceriani en Cerio.
October -2005 to March 2006 Mega TV, Coconut Grove, Fl
• Manage creative process. Direct development and production of all creative material.
Executive Producer, Cotorreando
March 2004 to July 2005 Telemundo, Network. Hialeah, Florida
• Oversee and reviews all aspects of original program production: budget, sales, casting, scripts, communications, final delivery and critique.
• Ensure that original programs meet the company’s stands for quality and content. Manage the daily activities of individuals implementing discreet segments of original programming work.
• Work closely with producers and production companies to ensure original content meet established budgets and schedules.
• Conceive and execute news coverage and make front line editorial decisions on a story-by-story basis.
• Manage, motivate and recruit staff. Assure that the highest caliber of staff is maintained.
Senior Producer, Al rojo vivo
May 2002 to 2004 Telemundo, Network. Hialeah, Florida
• Responsible for creating the rundowns, assigning stories, organizing information, tapes, and interviews. Reading wires and correcting scripts. Line producing the live one hour daily show.
• Facilitate the news gathering process and ensure comprehensive coverage of all news stories.
• Producer of Live Special Events in Mexico and Los Angeles.
October 2000-September 2001 entre-nos.com. Miami, FL
• Establishing, implementing and auditing organizational systems, controls, policies and procedures. Supervised the whole content for the six channels of the website
• Achieving daily effective coordination with sound experts, collaborators and contributing writers on an international level
• Negotiated contracts for internet rights holder worldwide
• In charge of public relations.
Editor in Chief for Beauty & Fashion
April 2000 to September Divina.com Miami, FL
• Responsible for launching niche market Internet site. Developed all content, style and look. Produced over 200 articles in 4 months
• Editorial programming of channel pages
• Responsible for creating, developing and editing daily editorial content
• Oversee channel design and implementation. Working with cross-functional teams, including members from design, production, and engineering to produce new tools and features, from concept to completion
• Manage budget, employees and freelancers
General Producer, Noticias 23
1999-2000 Univisión, Network. Miami, FL
• Produced the 6:00 pm and 11:00 pm newscast
• Responsible for editorial content, post-production, writing of headlines, teases and promos
• Develop and monitor journalistic and editorial elements of news gathering in the field.
• In charge of live coverage of the newscast and special events.
Show Producer, Show de Cristina
1998-1999 Univisión, Network Miami, FL
• Oversee whole production. In charge of idea development
• Interview potential panelists, writing, editing and post production.
Line Producer, Primer Impacto Edición Nocturna
1997-1998 Univisión, Network Miami, FL
• Idea development & production of stories for the creation of the show.
• Responsible for rundown, back timing and promotion
• Entertainment producer. Obtained exclusive interviews with key entertainment personalities.
• Participated in the creative process of El gordo y la flaca
• Produced special TV programs covering key events such as the visit of Juan Pablo II to Cuba and other world events: France World Cup, Princess Diana’s Death.
Show Producer, Ocurrió Así.
1994-1997 Telemundo Network Miami, FL
• Production, coordination and assignment of national bureaus
• Responsible for the complete process of the programs in charge of the “line up” and back timing and booking of international and domestic satellites.
Freelance Writer & Producer
Programming Department, Special Events Producer, Telemundo Network 2001-2002
Independent writer, producer and editor supervisor of Network entertainment specials. Segment producer of stories and interviews.
• El clon
• Pedro el escamoso
• Lo mcximo del espiritu latino
• Carnaval de Brasil
• Rumbo al Billboard 2002
• Uga Uga
Education1989-1993 Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ